Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 16, 2010

29 down-11 to go

We went to our 29 week appt on Aug 13th. It's our last 4 week visit...that means we're getting closer to DD! I have to say I am so proud of my weight gain so far. Only up 9lbs! My nurse said the average at this time is about 19lbs so I'm pretty excited that I haven't let myself go like I did the first time around LOL.

The results from my gestational diabetes test came in at 104. My Dr. said anything under 140 is good. I was a little worried about it since right before I went in to take the test I downed a double chocolate cupcake. Don't judge me, I have no willpower when it comes to chocolate right now. Anyway, blood pressure is still great, hovering around 106-60. Little Lucys heartbeat was strong and just fluttering away. Looks like we're well on our way to welcoming a healthy little girl into our family in just a few weeks.

The past week or so I've been getting alot of Braxton Hicks contractions. I never had them with parker so when they started I wasn't sure what they were. Thank you Google for always answering my questions. The contractions feel like my entire stomach tenses up into a big ball, holds like that for a couple seconds and then it relaxes. It doesn't hurt at all but it does feel pretty dang weird. It's getting alot harder to fit any food in my stomach cause there is seriously, no room left in there! Makes me kinda sad cause I really really, and I mean really, like to eat. I feel so full after eating even a small amount that I can barely move!

Oh, I finally got my quilt ordered for the nursery! It's not the one I was thinking about getting. It's MUCH cuter! I'll post pics as soon as it gets here. John and I started stripping the antique dresser over the weekend. We got the 2 small drawers done. 7 coats of paint stripped away and underneath is a gorgeous oak! Not to mention, we uncovered some fabulous little keyholes on each drawer!

Next update....32 weeks :)

1 comment:

The Williams Family said...

April, it is getting SO close! I hope she stays put in there for the remaining time! Wanna know something funny .. When I was like 38 weeks pregnant, just a few days before I had Grace I had to go to the hospital for some non-stress tests. The nurse asked if I was having any contractions or experienced any braxton hicks contractions .. I told her no, not at all. Well she hooks me up to all the monitors and tells me that my contractions are nearly as high as full-on labor, LOL .. I must have a high pain tolerance, I honestly thought that feeling was just Grace stretching out in my belly, ha! Crazy thing is, I had felt those braxton hicks ones for at least two months! Ugh, I'm a dork! She also said, "push this button everytime the baby moves" .. She was watching my belly roll and the baby move and I was totally oblivious, I guess you just get used to all the movement in your belly, it just seems second nature .. Although, I kinda miss her moving around in my belly! Aw! I can't wait to see the quilt and the rest of the nursery .. I am so excited for your little girl to get here, with her super dark hair and eyes, LOVE IT! Hope you're feeling good!