Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 14, 2010

Holy Shamoly! Only 20 weeks left!

Yay!! We're at the half way point!! In 20 more weeks I get to meet my baby girl. This pregnancy is flying by so quickly...I have absolutely nothing done and I'm feeling so very unprepared :(
I've been working A TON of hours lately, trying to get some OT so I can pay off some debts and get some extra money in savings before I go part time. I just got done with an 80 hour week and am jsut beginning a 78 hour week. I'm so exhausted already! But, the checks will more than make up for it.
As far as the pregnancy goes, I feel AMAZING!! The only complaint I have right now is my pants don't want to button up anymore. Which means, yup, you guessed it...SHOPPING! Dang it ;) I can feel this little pumpkin moving all the time now and, man, is she a mover! I don't have any strange cravings yet...mostly just fruit, veggies and pasta. Lately I haven't been a fan of red meat. The texture of hamburger makes me want to vomit! I feel almost vegetarian due to the mostly meat free meals I cook throughout the week. I think John's getting a little tire of it :)

I had my 20 week ultrasound done on Thursday June 10th. While the Dr. was doing her heart measurements he did an EKG and noticed a little bit of an arrhythmia. It kind of sounded like her heart was skipping a beat. Needless to say, I was FREAKING OUT! He said that a slight arrhythmia at this point is fairly common and it usually corrects itself by birth. I calmed down slightly after that but I was still really worried. He checked all her measurements starting with her heart, them moving to her brain, spine, abdominal cavity, face (no cleft palate), appendages(10 little finger, 10 little toes!) and then rechecked her gender. Yup, she's still ALL girl!! She was so dang cute during all of this. Her little legs were folded up against her, then she'd stretch one out for a second then fold it right back in. She kept her left hand over her chest pretty much the entire time. I guess she's going to be pretty patriotic. While the Dr. was trying to get a good profile shot of her he says to me "Oh, well, that explains it!" I'm like, "What?? Explains what??" She had the hiccups! It was the cutest thing ever!! And that, of course, explained the arrhythmia. After she stopped hiccupping he did another EKG and, sure enough, perfect heart rate! Her heart rate was measuring between 126-132BPM during the ultrasound. Anywhere from 120-160 is normal. The old wives tale says a fast heart rate is a girl and a slow heart rate is a boy. I guess she proved that wrong :)
Dr. figured she was about 13oz and measuring at about 20wks 1 day instead of 19 wks 6 days. He estimated her due date to be Oct 28th at 0700. I think he thinks he's pretty funny.
At my 20 wk appt with Dr. Nance I weighed in at 167(ugh). I had just ate a big lunch at Sizzler so I'm taking 1.5lbs off due to that(don't judge! :) So, I'm saying I'm at 165.5lbs which means a weight gain of 5.5lbs. BP still around 110/65. I talked to Dr. Nance about limiting my stress and trying to get full term this time around. he said that it would be a good idea if I keep my stress level to a minimum(Ya right! Obviously he's never been a dispatcher)and to not add anything in to my daily routine that would create more stress. So I have to talk to my training supervisor at work to see if I can opt out of this next training session of new hires. I doub't she'll be very happy but it's for the well being of Little Pumpkin so I really don't care.

One of my pregnancy goals is to have everything for the baby completely ready by the time I'm 32 weeks. Wow, that's only 12 weeks away! I can't believe how fast time flies! I'm going to be making 'To Do' lists in 4 week increments. And, here's the first one.
To Do list for the next 4 weeks:
Clean out basement
Finish office room in the basement
Have a yard sale
Clear out and paint the nursery
Order top window blind for the nursery

I seriously cannot wait to start checking things off of this list and starting a new list for my 24 week point!
Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Dani said...

Happy half way .. fun story about your ultra sound, and keep us updated about this list!

The Williams Family said...

The start of this post made me panic a bit.. Hiccups!! I'm so glad she is growing right on track and your doing so good being pregnant! It is flying by, she is going to be here so soon! Her nursery will be adorable and you'll get it done with plenty of time to spare (you always do)! Yes.. I agree, no training and not so much OT while you're bakin that bean! Good luck with the list, keep me updated! (: