Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lovey Dovey Day

Happy Valentine's Day!
My super cute tulips picked out especially for me by my sweet little Parker man

Parker's Valentine's cards for his class. We spent an afternoon doodling on the cards and making a huge mess with shaving cream and food coloring but they turned out awesome and the kids LOVED them!


Every year I buy one or two new decorations for each holiday but this year I couldn't find any Lovey Dovey Day ones that I liked so, what did I do? I made my own :) I think they turned out pretty darn cute.

This was by far the easiest. With the help of my handy dandy Cricut I whipped out this baby in abou 5 minutes flat.

Can I just say how much I LOVE how this topiary turned out? This project had dual purposes...the first to beautify my home and the second to keep me awake during a graveyard shift. Both missions accomplished! On a side note...how darling are my cute little birds?? I am absolutely in love with these little guys!

This project was also dual purpose, and so easy! All this one took was a metal hanger (lucky me, the hubs had a pink one :) and some fabric and VOILA...a cute VDay wreath. My fingers were a little tired by the end of the night after tying all those knots but it was worth it!

Alright, so this one is a little bitter sweet for me. I had actually just put the last piece of candy on the big one when there was an unexpected knock at the door and a man waiting there to tell me that my sweet little Moo was gone. I'm half tempted to chuck it since every time I look at it I think of my little Moo and how maybe if I hadn't been preoccupied with this stupid thing she may still be here. But, then again, I love having little reminders of her around the house, so I think I'll hang on to it for awhile. At least until the candy starts rotting. Anyone know the shelf life for a conversation heart??

1 comment:

Dani said...

Every single one is adorable! Love them!