Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

**6 weeks!**

Happy 6 weeks birthday Lucy Lu!

Here's a couple of quick updates on how much Lucy is changing:

She can cry REAL tears! Sad huh! A couple of days ago I left her crying in her crib while I was getting dressed and man was she MAD! When I went in to get her she had little baby tears streaming down her face and her eyes were all red and puffy. I felt so so bad but at the same time it was kind of a sweet moment...getting to see someones first tear drops :)

This past week has been kind of a nightmare. Lucy cried all day for two days. If she wasn't being held she'd cry. If she wasn't being held the way that she wanted she would cry. She wouldn't sleep. She was throwing up all of her food after every meal. I was at my wits end and wanted to run away! So I was trying to figure out if my milk was causing it. I fed her formula for a couple of feedings and , what do ya know, she kept it down and went to sleep! HEAVEN!! So I started doing some research to figure out if maybe she's allergic to my milk. Everything I read said babies cannot be allergic to their moms milk BUT that she may be having a reaction to the cows milk that I drink. Either that or nuts causes alot of issues for newborns. Since I don't eat nuts I figured it must be the cows milk....I seriously drink like 4-5 glasses of milk a day. And thats not including my milk and cookies snack. So yesterday I cut all dairy out of my diet and, guess what!? It worked! She slept like an angel yesterday and slept 8 hours last night! I hope that as she gets older I can gradually work the milk back in to my diet but we'll see.

She HATES laying on her back. She screams and flails her arms around like shes falling. She does love laying on her tummy though! It makes getting her comfy at night hard. They say babies should sleep on their back. So what do you do if your baby WILL NOT sleep on their back?? So, I'm gonna get the Mom of the Year award for this, but I let her sleep on her tummy. I know, I'm gonna go to hell, but she's gotta sleep right?! At night, in her crib, she sleeps on her boppy, kind of in an upright position but during they day it's all tummy time! She curls up in a little ball with her feet tucked under her and her arms under her head. So cute!! Tonight I'm going to try to raise her mattress up at one end so she's not flat on her back...hopefully that helps!

Speaking of tummy time, her little neck is so strong! She can easily flip her head from side to side and can hold it up for a good minute or so at a time. When shes laying on my chest on her tummy she'll hold her head up and just stare at me. It's the cutest thing ever!!

She's doing much much better nursing and really only gets bottles when we're in public and when she wakes up for the first time in the morning. I'm so glad cause I was seriously losing my patience with the whole thing and was thinking about just quitting altogether.

Lucy has pretty much outgrown her newborn sized clothes and its fitting into the 0-3 months. And, as of about a week ago, she upgraded from newborn to size 1 diapers. Wow! She weighs about 10 lbs and is as cute as ever! She still gets the hiccups alot and has started cooing :) Last night I could have swore she smiled a little too.

Love you Lucy babe!

No comments: