Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year everyone! Our New Year's Eve was a blast! Parker was at Grandma and Grandpa's celebrating with his cousins so John and I visited a few friends. First we stopped at his mom and dads and had a delicious dinner...holy cow that was good pork salad! Then we headed over to Darrin and Celeste's house to get the grand tour. We hung out there for a little while then we headed back to Spanish Fork to hit Dan and Steph's house. We did some backyard snowdrift sledding and stuffed our faces somemore. At midnight we yelled 'Happy New Year', kissed, shot the fireworks and then called it a night. I have the coolest friends in the world. Love you all to death!

On a more serious note...I have to be honest, I am so happy to see 2008 come to an end. The past couple of years have been very difficult and I am looking forward to putting it all behind me and moving on with life.

I'm usually not big on making New Years resolutions but I think I'm going to give it a shot this time. There are a few things that I want to do better and make more time for.

1-Lose my dispatch weight! This extra 20 lbs I'm packing around sucks! LOL
2-Make more time to actually get out and play with Parker. He's growing up so fast. Before I know it hes gonna be graduating high school and moving out :(
3-Pay off my debts..financial freedom never looked so good.
4-Food storage. We didn't have a garden in 2008 so my canned food supply is getting really really low, like scary low. I only have one more bottle of spagetti sauce! I want to get to the point where we can be totally self sufficient for at least 3 months in case one of us were to lose our job or something like that.
5-Get my yard done! I can't wait to have grass in the back yard.

Ok, I better stop right there. That list is getting overwhelming!

I hope you all have a happy and healthy 2009!

2 comments:

Dani said...

You let me know how that food storage goes - I have been trying ALL year to build one up, It's tough!

April said...

It is tough huh! I have tons of jams, applesauce and tomatoes but I want to build up my veggie collection. And I need to talk Melissa in to showing me how to do meats.