Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Easter!

Huntsman Cousins

Freezing our fannies off at the Easter Egg Hunt

Robbins Cousins

Parkers loot from the Easter Bunny

What a good lookin' kid!!


I love Easter! It's one of my favorite holidays, right up there with Christmas and Halloween.

On Saturday we went down to Santaquin for the city easter egg hunt. Parker was so funny! Instead of picking up eggs and prizes he tried to outrun everybody to the end of the field. It was awesome LOL. On Sunday I sent him to church with Grandma and Grandpa in his new suit. When I picked him up I asked him what he learned. He said "I learned about Jesus and that he had nails in his hands and blood and it was sad" and then he laid his head on my shoulder and sighed. It brought tears to my eyes. Then he told me the rest of the story about how Jesus had nails in his feet and blood on his sides and he died for us. In all my years of hearing the story of Jesus' sacrifice for us I have never felt so moved as I was the day my baby understood the story enought to tell me about it for himself. It was a very special moment.


The rest of the day was so much fun. We had a BBQ and Easter Egg hunt at Grandma and Granpa Huntsmans. Then we went to Grandma and Grandpa Robbins and had another egg hunt. We have enough candy at our house to last us until Halloween!

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: